Table of Contents
Links to Resources
- Designing and Ordering Morpholinos & Vivo-Morpholinos
- Using Morpholinos & Vivo-Morpholinos
- Endo-Porter protocol
- Scrape delivery protocol
- MSDS files
- Determining the concentration of a Morpholino stock solution
- Using a NanoDrop spectrometer to determine the concentration of a Morpholino stock solution Note: when testing drop-based spectrometers quantifying Morpholino solutions, we have had difficulties with reproducibility and when testing drop-based spectrometers alongside spectrometers using 1 cm quartz cells, the data did not agree. We recommend using 1 cm quartz cells for quantifying Morpholinos.
- Assaying efficacy of delivery into cells by fluorescence
- Generating a sulfhydryl from a Morpholino bearing a disulfide modification
- Amaxa application note describing nucleofection of Morpholinos into cultured cells
- Excitation and emission profiles for our fluorescent modifications: carboxy-fluorescein (green) and lissamine (red)
- Excitation and emission profiles for our fluorescent modification: Gene Tools Blue (blue)
- Notes on storage and lyophilization of Morpholinos
- A brief introduction to Morpholino antisense
- Summerton's paper Custom Cocktail for Curing any Cancer: A Strategy for Destroying any Cancer without Harming the Patient
- Moulton's paper Guide for Morpholino Users: Toward Therapeutics
- Jim Summerton's 2005 paper discussing Morpholinos for pharmaceutical research in Innovations in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Kloosterman, Lagendijk, Ketting, Moulton, Plasterk 2007 paper demonstrating blocking miRNA maturation with Morpholinos
- Discussion on the advantages of using Morpholinos for altering pre-mRNA splicing
- Morcos 2007 paper describing splice site targeting
- Draper, Morcos, Kimmel 2001 paper first showing successful splice-blocking in zebrafish
- Madsen, Morcos, Mendelsohn, Gitlin. Menkes disease model; splice modification with a Morpholino walking experiment demonstrating correlation of activity and target position.
- Splice modification resources
- Summerton J (2007). Morpholino, siRNA, and S-DNA Compared: Impact of Structure and Mechanism of Action on Off-Target Effects and Sequence Specificity. Med Chem. 7(7):651-660.
- Summerton JE. (2005) Endo-Porter: A Novel Reagent for Safe, Effective Delivery of Substances into Cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci.;1058:62-75
- Summerton (1999). Morpholino Antisense Oligomers: The case for an RNase H-independent structural type. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1489, 141.
- Summerton & Weller (1997). Morpholino antisense oligomers: design, preparation and properties. Antisense Nuc. Acid Drug Dev.7 , 187.
- Summerton, Stein, Huang, Matthews, Weller, Partridge (1997). Morpholino and phosphorothioate antisense oligomers compared in cell-free and in-cell systems. Antisense Nuc. Acid Drug Dev.7 , 63.
- Partridge, Vincent, Matthews, Puma, Stein, Summerton (1996). A simple method for delivering Morpholino antisense oligos into the cytoplasm of cells. Antisense Nuc. Acid Drug Dev. 6, 169.
- Document describing Morpholino oligos for customs
- Chinese language document describing Morpholino oligos for Chinese customs
- Jim Summerton's Powerpoint presentation on the development of Morpholino delivery techniques at OSU Biochem/Biophysics, November 2012.
- Jon Moulton's Powerpoint presentation for his lecture to a non-technical audience in Philomath, Oregon in 2008 at the Marys Peak Natural Resources Interpretive Center
- Jon Moulton's Powerpoint presentation for Western China 2005
- 2005 Poster showing research applications of Morpholino oligos: targets, organisms, delivery strategies
- This link to selected posts from Jon's blog shows a partial table of contents and provides quick access to commonly used discussions and explanations.
- A set of mp3 files describing techniques involving Morpholino oligos can be downloaded from another page (click this link).
- Protocol for making a Special Delivery oligo.
- Special Delivery protocol for delivering Morpholino-DNA heteroduplexes into cell cultures with EPEI.
- Paper describing Special Delivery: method for Morpholino delivery into cultured cells, including selection of DNA oligos, hybridization of DNA with Morpholinos and delivery of Morpholino-DNA heteroduplexes with ethoxylated polyethylenimine (EPEI)
Copies of publications from Antisense and Nucleic Acid Drug Development are provided with permission from the publisher:
An appropriate viewer is required to open Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Some suggested viewers (all available free-of-charge) for various platforms are:
MacOS X: Apple Preview
MacOS, pre-X: Adobe Reader
Windows: Adobe Reader